Slammed by Colleen Hoover




 

Synopsis

 


Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbour with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.





What I Think

 
The start of this book was sort of sad the family had to move from one side of the states to the other leaving their childhood home and everything and everyone they knew and where the memories were of their father who died not long ago. There was reasons why they had to move but their mother didn't tell them, well not until she had to. 

 
It was a long drive for Layken who was taking in turns with her mother driving the U-Haul truck and the car. It was even longer because she didn't what to go but as all good books go, things happen, people are met, friendships and relationships are formed.  


 
Colleen Hoover drags you into this book and keeps you there until the last word, it had me crying laughing. the poetry in this book was amazing loved every single piece but i do have to favourite ones which are of course Wills and Lakes, I don't think I have ever been so into a book that I forgot where I was when reading it until this one and I hope it keeps on going on to the next two books in this amazing trilogy.
 
 
I recommend this book and every other book written by Colleen Hoover And I'm also putting this book in my must reads list. I recommending this book to everyone even if you don't like the romance books you will love it anyway.

 


Book Ratings